Is your young learner ready for Kindergarten?
Our Kindergarten Readiness Program is designed to simulate the full day rigors of Kindergarten in a half-day setting and give your child valuable exposure to what he or she will experience in the Fall! Many Kindergarten classrooms today do not allocate much time for self-directed play; and are much more oriented towards reading, writing, word study, math, and more. Our Summer program will give your child academically enriching experiences that will closely mirror those that he or she will experience when entering school in the Fall.
Your child will learn how to:
- Manipulate the sounds in words by adding, subtracting, and deleting phonemes
- Apply letter-sound knowledge and word analysis techniques to read unknown words
- Rapidly memorize sight words by utilizing different learning modalities
- Identify text elements in fiction and non-fiction texts
- Use a formal writing process to compose original writing pieces
- Count to 100 in English and Spanish
- Skip count by 2s, 5s, and 10s
- Identify two-digit numbers
- Identify the missing number in a set of three numbers
- Discriminate between quantities to determine the larger one
- Identify 2-D and 3-D shapes
- Explore addition and subtraction
The course will be taught by Brandon Falk. Read more about him on our bio page!
Sign up quickly because each class is limited to 15 students!
Ages: Designed for incoming Kindergarten or 1st grade students
|2017||July 17th – July 20th|
July 24th – July 27th
July 31st – August 3rd
|9:00am - 11:30am||Sign Up|
Courses are subject to cancellation up to one week prior to the scheduled start date. If iAchieve Learning cancels a course, parents will receive a full refund. No refunds will be given to students who cancel after one week prior to the scheduled date of a course. If students are absent or not able to attend the scheduled session, then no refund is given.