THE SAT IS CHANGING!!
The SAT is a college admission aptitude test that measures reasoning and verbal skills. Many students will take the SAT during their junior year in high school and most colleges will accept both SAT and ACT scores. The SAT tests critical reading, writing, math and may have an essay depending on if you’re taking the current SAT or the new SAT. The new SAT is being offered in March of 2016 and will not affect students that are graduating in 2016 or 2017.
Differences Between the Current SAT and the New SAT
|Current SAT||New SAT (March 2016)|
|Timing||3 hours 45 minutes|| 3 hours |
(+50 minute optional essay)
|Sections||Critical Reading 200-800|
|Evidence Based Reading/Writing 200-800|
|Guessing||1/4 guessing penalty||no guessing penalty|
SAT Test Dates and Deadlines for the NEW SAT
|SAT Test Date||Registration Deadline||When to Start Preparing|
|October 7, 2017||September 8, 2017||July 2017|
|November 4, 2017||October 5, 2017||August 2017|
|December 2, 2017||November 2, 2017||September 2017|
|March 10, 2018||February 9, 2018||December 2017|
|May 5, 2018||April 6, 2018||February 2018|
|June 2, 2018||May 3, 2018||March 2018|
Why Choose iAchieve Learning for SAT Prep Tutoring?
- One-on-one SAT Prep instruction to ensure immediate results
- Our tutors have extensive SAT Prep Tutoring experience
- Affordable prices and packages
- We create flexible schedules to serve your needs
- Reduce test anxiety and help build student confidence
- iAchieve Learning offers 3 packages for SAT Prep. Each session is 1 hour and our tutors will teach test taking strategies, time management techniques, design individual lessons based on student weaknesses, and provide SAT Practice Tests.